Shop My Favorites

DIY: Scented Candle

I love scented candle so much but trust me it's a bit expensive here, almost 50$ for the good quality one o_O I am not gonna spend t...

I love scented candle so much but trust me it's a bit expensive here, almost 50$ for the good quality one o_O I am not gonna spend that money for a jar of candle! I just make it by my self. In fact I made 3 jars already. Jasmine, Strawberry and Rose.

all you need is :
  • soy wax
  • jar 
  • essential oil 
  • wick
Ok, here is the thing you need to do: 
  1. Cut the wick so that about 6 cm comes out the top of the jar.
  2. Use a skewer to press wick into the sticky tape so they stick to the bottom.
  3. Place a skewer over the top and wrap the wick to hold it up in the middle.
  4. Measure out the soy wax (you will need to double the amount of it–if your candle is 1 cup capacity, you will need 2 cups of soy wax) and so forth.
  5. Place the soy wax in a heat-proof bowl and microwave for 1 minutes. Keep checking if it's not melted enough, put it back for another 30 seconds.
  6. Add the fragrance oil (as much as you want I prefer 3 tsp for 1 jar) stir and then pour the wax into the jars.
  7. Make sure the the wicks are in the center then leave the wax to set for 12 hours.
  8. Release the skewer and trim the wicks to 1 inch.
It's easy,  right?

photo sign_zpsqaqyukse.png

You Might Also Like

2 comments